Last Updated 27TH January 2021
- my websites,
- the information you provide to me offline, including, without limitation, via phone and email.
Description of Users and Acceptance of Terms
In the course of operating the Websites and/or interacting with you, I will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information.
1. Contact Information.
When you sign up to receive any of my newsletters, respond to a survey, register for a class, purchase any product or service, or sign up to become my affiliate partner, you may be required to provide us with certain information about yourself, such as your name, address, e-mail address, address, social media information, phone number, PayPal address (only if you sign up to become my affiliate partner) and SSN#/Tax ID# (only if you sign up to become my affiliate partner) (the “Contact Information”). The Contact Information is used to provide the requested product or service or information and to contact you for purposes of direct marketing of my current and future products and services.
2. Order Information
When you place an order, you must provide me with certain information about the products and services you are seeking to purchase. Such information is collectively called the “Order Information.” The Order Information is used to fulfill your Order.
3. Billing Information
When you wish to purchase a product or service, you will be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Information and Order Information noted above. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, expiration date, billing address, activation codes, and similar information. Such information is collectively called the “Billing Information.” Billing Information is collected and processed by my third-party payment processor operating as my agent (see, Onward Transfers to Third Parties). I do not directly obtain or process any Billing Information.
4. Other Information
In addition to the information noted above, I may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From You.Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to me (e.g., via a survey), such as household income range, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
- From Your Activity.Information that I automatically collect when I use the Websites, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Websites you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (e.g., storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
- From Cookies. Information that I collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. I may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help me collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Websites. If you do not want me to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Websites may not function properly.
Below is a list of analytics providers that I use; however, such a list may be subject to change based on how I wish to understand the user experience and I will endeavor to update it diligently. You may use the accompanying links to learn more about such providers and, if available, how to opt out from their analytics collection.
For Google Analytics, please visit: https://www.google.com/analytics
- From Other Sources.I also may collect or receive information from third parties, such as Facebook and/or other third-party social media sites.
5. Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertisers/Remarketers
7. Aggregate Data
In an ongoing effort to better understand my visitors, customers, and my products and services, I may analyze the Order Information and Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Websites and/or my products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. I may share this aggregate data with my affiliates, agents, and business partners. I may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe my products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
8. Additional Uses
9. Sharing with Third Parties
I contract with other companies to perform certain business-related services. I may disclose your information, including personal information in some cases, to certain types of third-party companies, but only to the extent needed to enable them to provide such services, including, without limitation, technical assistance, order fulfilment, customer service, marketing assistance, payment processing, survey collection, promotional and marketing assistance, and business operations. These other companies will have access to your information, including personal information in some cases, only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. I may also disclose your information, including any personal information, to any of my parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with me in order to support delivery of my products and services.
10. Disclosures to Public Authorities
In certain situations, I may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. I may also disclose personal information to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities or required by law or regulation including, but not limited to, in response to court orders and subpoenas.
11. Opt-Out for Direct Marketing
You may opt out at any time from the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes by e-mailing the instructions to this email address: email@example.com Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request.
12. Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of any Jordan Awori marketing email. Customers cannot opt-out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account or their Orders. I will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner.
13. What are your data protection rights?
I would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
a. The right to access – you have the right to request me for copies of your personal data. I may charge you a small fee for this service.
b. The right to rectification – you have the right to request that I correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request me to complete information you believe is incomplete
c. The right to erasure – you have the right to request that my company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
d. The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
e. The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to me your personal data, under certain conditions.
f. The right to data portability – you have the right to request that I transfer the data I have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, do not hesitate to contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Information You Share on Public Forums
You should think carefully before disclosing any information in any Public Forum.
15. How I Protect the Information
I take reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of such data, and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. I cannot guarantee the security of my databases, nor can I guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Websites may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
16. Retention of Personal Information
18. External Websites
20. How to Contact Me
21. How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or you feel that I have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the information commissioner’s office.